Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Any undergraduate and graduate students from all departments and colleges at the University of Alabama are welcome to apply for an internship at the UAPD Digital Forensics Lab in either fall or spring semesters. Students may also apply for an internship at CCJ’s Network Intrusion Lab for spring, summer, and fall semesters.
- 3.5+ overall GPA
- Be able to pass a background check
- For undergraduates, CC 201 is a prerequisite for the DF internship
If you meet these requirements, please view the application information below.
Application packets MUST include:
- A cover letter stating:
- Which internship track and semester you are interested in,
- Why you are interested in an internship position at the JECTF,
- Your CWID #, and
- Desired credit hours
- Unofficial transcripts
- Your professional resume
These materials should be emailed to the Cyber Internship Director, Ms. Kellin Treadway, at email@example.com on or before the deadline for the appropriate semester.
Internship decisions are made following (1) an application packet review, (2) a background investigation, and (3) an in-person interview.
Only 3 credit hours of the DF/NIL internship (CC 395) may count towards the Cyber Criminology minor.
Credit hours for this internship do not count towards a degree in Criminal Justice.
- The application period for Fall internships is March 15th of each year.
- The application period for Spring internships is October 15th of each year.